From:
Diana Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:40:27 -0700
>From:    Larissa Stairs <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret purchase
>I live in Las Vegas, and yes, fuzzies can be purchased here.  I know of a
>petshop where they have a great selection (I got my three girls there).  It
>is called Pet Kingdom 2000 (located on the corner of Tropicana and Eastern).
>There is no waiting period and they cost about $150.00.  Unfortunately, I do
>not know of any breeders in Las Vegas area.  Also, be very careful crossing
>the state border.

I must disagree with this post.  I live in CA and have purchased my ferrets
from 3 separate pet stores in Las Vegas.  My last came from the Pet Kingdom
2000.  Although the best tempered of our business, Blu has irritable bowel
syndrome and has required mant vet visits to get this problem under
control--not to mention we must keep medicine on hand ($15/mo.) and have
learned to medicate her in order to control this lifelong disease.  More
importantly, 2 yrs ago they had 2 outlets for pets and we visited the other
(now closed) location, the kits there left us bleeding on both hands.  The
current Pet Kingdom 2000 also stocks angoras which had to be handled with
long thick leather gloves.  Originally I had wanted an angora and that's why
we went there, but I left with the better tempered but genetically ill Blu.
My personal reccommendation would be the Frisky Pets store in the Mall
located on Maryland and Twain in Las Vegas.  All of the ferrets at that
store are well-tempered and to date (2yrs.) have had no medical problems.

dianaw/SO and her girls