From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:50:39 EST
the following is taken from their comments:
>Some are not as up to date or interested in ferrets as others but they
>are not ignorant.  None are truly greedy.  If they were they would not be
>veterinarians; the pay is too low.

there are quite alot of veternarians out there who are disintrested with
all sorts of animals...should they be?

NO!!!  but there are...you will find those kinds of vets everywhere...in
every town and in every city...just like a medical doctor or an hmo...you
have your great ones, your good ones, and the ones that shouldnt be
practicing...

do greedy vets exist?  OH YEA THEY DO!!!  i have had the unfortunate
encounter of more than one vet that was like that...but fortunately i
am aware of what you can do "LEGALLY" to veternarians who are like
this...when you are a vet its like being a doctor...you do take the same
kind of oath...so naturaly you should be held accountable just like an md
would be...for instance:

my puppy (at the time he was 3 months old)...he started acting funny his
head was bobbing back and forth...i called the vet (emergency on call) (i
had been going to this vet clinic for 3 yrs) (i also had excellent credit
with them)..and i told him (very paniced) what was going on..he said oh
he just hit his head!!!  i said no he didnt..he was in my arms and i put
him down and he started this..he said well why do u think hes been
poisoned?  well what other reason could there be...he said well i dont
know?  i said he needs to come in...he said no he doesnt just sit back
and wait and see...i said im not going to do that i guess that iw il go
somewhere else...he said well if you feel that way i guess that i can meet
you at the clinic but it will be an hour or so till i can get there...i
told him either be ther in 15 mins or i will go somewhee else..i got there
in 10 mins and he was there..he wlked around causualy and by this time
cheyenne was in full demensia...it was horrible...he took his time...i
have NEVER SEEN A VET just TAKING THERE TIME...anyways..cheyenne was at
the hospital for 3 days and i even slept there...he wanted to put him to
sleep because he said well im afraid that your not going to pay your
bill...he said i know you have great credit here but your bill is 1500.00
and im afraid that your not going to pay it..i said well if it was a child
you wouldnt put the child down now would you?  he said no!  but thats why
we have insurance for children!  needless to say cheyenne came thru..and
he is now 2yrs old...he predicts my husbands seizures..he is only 10lbs of
terrier and chiuhua...he was poisoned but we dont know by what...

so i ask you this: was this vet greedy?  was he ignorant?  should he have
been a vet?

greedy?  OH YEA!!!  ignorant?  NO!!!  be a vet?  NO HE SHOULD NEVER BE
ALLOWED TOTOUCH ANY ANIMAL!!!

but if he feels that money should outweigh quailty care for an animal
then he needs to be a politician...most emergency vets will take partial
payments and/or work something out with you...although cheyenne did have
insurance he didnt even care about that...and yea i did file a complaint
with the state of arizona about him...out of the 6 vets there he is the
only bad one..its a shame..most people would say he was ignorant...but
saying that means he didnt know any better...so i cant say that about any
vet or doctor...because they both should know better..they both should
take care of all animals...why because isnt that why they became a vet in
the first place..you know because they love "ALL" animals?  you know doc
and vets and teachers are suppose to update there skills...so you tell me
why vets like him exist!!!  cause i sure cant figure it out..ooh and yes
alot of vets do make alot of money...but the really great ones will do it
at cost and donate there own time to worthy causes...how many do that?  i
truely have been blessed to know some of these vets..

sincerly,
tc