From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:37:48 -0500
BUT I certainly don't think that I have a right to tell someone else what
they can post or that they SHOULD satisfy my desire to read a nice
ferrety story before I can read that a shelter has something to offer me
and/or my ferrets.  If I don't want to read what a rescue or shelter has
to offer I might skip, but then again I might read it; it just depends on
my available time and attitude when I encounter said ad....

Also guys, I know one rescuer who doesn't have time to "share" ... she is
run ragged from the time she gets up until the time she finally gets to
lie back down... ferrets are not the only beings that she is nursing and
she fends off the bill collectors regularily.  She does NOT post on this
list AND because she is such a sweet soul I say 'thank goodness' she
doesn't, because quite frankly she does not need the criticism and the
guilt that she would have taken upon herself as a result of the postings
that many of us saw as "shame on you" s and "stop it" s.... in relation
to ad posting.

Now what was the point of this message?... my point is the same as I've
tried to make for the last few weeks... there are some real bullies on
this list who DO try to shame people and hurt them... there are some
people on here that see THAT behavior as a problem and try to defend
those they see as innocents.  But it still all boils down to PERCEPTION..
you say tomAtoe I say tomaaato,

so at the end of the day..  let's all shake hands and go home, have
dinner, rest and begin again tomorrow, maybe with a little more love,
kindness and charity.  And maybe with a lot more tolerance of others just
trying to be here too... don't like a posting?  AGAIN..  skip it..
scroll on by... so what if you always by-pass some else's posting ...
it's you choice..  your intolerance might make you miss something that
would have been a great big POSITIVE... but it's your choice.  and the
info about "you're just hurting yourself" well it's nice that you
revealed that insight, but it's each persons choice if they want to be
ignored or not... NOT YOURS... sigh...

Let adults be adults..  if someone leaves the list because of frank
discussions, then that is their choice and not your problem, and
certainly not a reason for others not to interact, as long as that
interaction does not become toxic attacks, but rather stays as
thoughtful comments... giggle