From:
Kalaine Tarantelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 03:58:53 +0000
Hi,

I haven't written for a long time.  I have two female ferrets
Jezzy-belle, and Taz-arina.  They are both 5 years old.  Taz-arina had
adrenal surgery last year.  It went really well.  The first thing I
noticed was a swollen vagina.  Now, to my surprise I see the same symptom
a year later.  The doctor took the adrenal gland that was on the side
that wasn't near her major blood vessels.  Now the doctor is saying they
will have to do a second surgery.  The doctor says they can't take the
entire gland.  Has anyone had a ferret that has had surgery on both
glands?

The doctor said Taz may have to be on meds after the surgery.  Has anyone
had experience with that?  Taz doesn't take medicine well.  She is very
picky.  She doesn't even eat most ferret treats.  I am just so nervous.
I feel we got lucky with the firt surgery.  This surgery sounds more
risky.  I am scared.  Any advice on a second adrenal surgery would be
helpful.

Thanks, Kay