From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 18:01:34 -0700
Here's a bunch of stuff:

Sandy's school of buggery: very funny!  If my ferrets suddenly disappear for
a week, I'll know where they've gone.  Maybe if I enroll them they'll learn
to eat the aphids in my garden without damaging the flowers?  Yes?

Sam: Does anyone know when she's due into Vancouver, Canada?  Or have I
missed her?

Teenagers: The school report was phenomenal; I wish everyone, teenager or
no, would do that kind of research.  I was a little troubled by the post a
few days back that we haven't been kind to teens on this list lately.  I
don't *think* it's true; we've treated everyone badly equally! ;-)  Well, I
guess just those that haven't proved their inherent slavery to ferrets.  I
would be sad to have this group segregated by age; it's my belief that as
a society we lose the gifts each age group brings by dividing them up to
interact seperately.  Don't do it!

Rabbits: Gadzooks, where did you read that ferrets attack rabbits?  Such
misinformation!  Ferrets happily pounce anything that moves in the right
way at the right speed: feet, toys, cats.... but they don't *attack* them
in a vicious frenzy of carnivorism!  (Is that a word?)  Not to detract from
a ferrets ability or desire to eat meat, but it's usually by chance and not
by stalking.  Unless it's chickens!  <grin> I'm kidding!....

And now for my final number, on a more serious note.  I'd like to hear from
those of you who have had ferrets operated on for adrenal surgery (had one
removed and the other was fine), and the symptoms stayed after the surgery
and required additional medical care.  ie second adrenal, ovarian remnant,
etc.  Taz is still swollen, agitated and she's going to need more care; it's
been 6 weeks.  I'm trying to figure out what to do, as there isn't very
much info on the FAQ's about this kind of complication.

Thanks to all of you ferret slaves!

Ariel and her fesnyng
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me.  But deep down
I know that's not true.  Some of the smaller countries are neutral.

Ariel White                                      [log in to unmask]