From:
tootsdon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:30:51 -0400
I too have feral cats in the neighborhood.  Our own cats are kept inside.
We have a horse and 2 pet cows besides everything else.  There is also a
cow farm next door that did not believe in neutering cats.  Many of the
kittens that were not caught to be given away, were either killed in the
busy road out here or are having more kittens.  My vet will fix feral
cats.  Not all vets will.  We have decided to find a cat shelter that
would work with us that deals with feral cats and catch them one at a
time and get them fixed and release them.  Can we afford to do this?  No.
We love animals and it just isn't fair to the cats.  It is not their
fault that they were born and that some people just do not care.  We do
feed them and leave water for them daily.

I have finally talked my neighbor into getting the one female cat that
is responsible for SO MANY stray cats out here.  We bought a have-a-hart
trap and will trap her.  She is going to pay for the spay.  If just one
person in every neighborhood or even town, did this, what a difference it
would make in the overpopulation of pets.

Eleanor