From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 20:45:46 EDT
Well as you can probably tell its been rough around here latley, with
Drags passing.

So I just wanted to give a quick shelter update.

We currently have 74 ferrets here at the shelter, most ready to be adopted.
12 need Lupron shots, 11 needing Rabies vaccines.

Gumdrop has had previous surgery for liver cancer.  It is back now with a
vengence and she is unable to go though another surgery so we are treating
her with meds.  she is happy at this time and we will help her cross the
rainbow bridge when she needs to.

one of our new guys Niles died 2 days of comming to the shelter, he was
older and had adrenal dz.  He left behind Daphne who is going through
severe shelter shock.  We are caring for her and hoping she comes though
it.  These ferrets were left at the SPCa and they called me to come get
them.

We also have taken in many ferrets from Cali, many road trips, but hey it
gets me out of town!

Although I wasn't going to take in any more ferrets, I am weak and can
not refuse a ferret in need.  At least they are safe, happy, and getting
medical attention here.  I moved out most of my living room furniture to
make room.  Where there is a will theres a way!

We did adopt out a total of 2 ferrets in the last week and a half.  Better
that none!  Both Babie and Sneak found wonderful homes.

2 more ferrets arrived today.  big fat boys!

All the Cali ferrets are very sweet and healthy, one is a black sable 5
month old MF boy, he came from San Bernadino so we named him Bad Boy
Bernie, hes such a cute brat!

Alas when my puter is all better my website will be updated and a memorial
page dedicated to Drag.

CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
missing Drag....................