From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 00:14:18 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I guess I am very saddened by some of the comments about the tarot readings.
For a group of folks who are fighting to get their beloved animals accepted,
maybe they should look at different kinds of intolerance.

I walk a lonely path in my spiritual beliefs, not quite fitting in
anywhere.  I have several tarot decks that I am quite proficient at using.
And you know what?  I don't consider them religious at all.  To me, they
are a tool for guided thinking and focus on a higher plane, or on any
psychic powers.

Tarot is a very old tradition from the Middle Ages in Europe.  They
represent the court at the time and eventually evolved into playing cards.

As for evilness, etc.  Well, you can now buy tarot decks with baseball
players on them.  I don't think even my ex, who didn't exactly cotton to
tarot, would mind that deck.  It is not the cards that make them bad, it
is bad folks behind them.  And most folks who honestly use and respect
such tools are good.

And I am also dreaming up cards for a ferret deck.  What fun that would
be!!  You could make a very comical one and also a very serious one and
since I know some wonderful artists, I might just set my mind to it.  hehe.

Maniacal Mags in Mid Mo, Columbia---home of a very large pagan community