From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:33:46 -0400
First, I want to say that I hope everyone is enjoying a happy and safe
holiday weekend.  It is hard for me to believe summer is gone already.

But, the reason I am writing tonight is to try and put into words some
sad feelings I am having right now.  You see, today, September 1, would
have been Hershey's eighth birthday, had he not left for the Bridge this
past January.

Some of you may remember Hershey.  He was a handsome chocolate fellow
that used to post to the FML sometimes.  Hershey had ADV, and he was
always warning people to protect their kids from getting it.  But, he
was a lot more, also.

Hershey was my inspiration to keep fighting against ADV.  Although his
physical presence is now gone, he lives on with me in spirit, though.  I
know he will always be a part of me.

Kat Parsons created a beautiful webpage in Hershey's honor.  It tells
his story, and why he was important to me.  If anyone is interested in
visiting the site, the URL is:
      http://www.geocities.com/help4adv/mem-Hershey.html

This coming week will be hard for me for another reason, also.  Next
Saturday will be the first anniversary of Moonshine's passing.  I still
am mourning him, too.

Moonshine was the most beautiful ferret I had ever seen.  He was such a
darling, and was as devoted to me as I was to him.  He was only 4 1/2
when he died - much too young.

Moonshine was named because his undercoat was the color of the full
moon, and like the moon, there was an ethereal presence to him.  Now,
whenever I see the moon, I am reminded of him.

Like Hershey, Moonshine had ADV.  Both of these boys became
spokes-ferrets for the need to learn about ADV, and to protect other
ferrets from getting it.

Like Hershey, Moonshine also lives on in my heart.  His beauty may
someday be equaled by other ferrets, but the love that he and I shared
can never be equaled.  Both these boys played a special role in my life,
and it was hard to loose them both within 4 months of each other.  But I
know that someday I will see them, and be with them again.

--
Danee
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!