From:
"Helen M. Wojciechowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 07:40:03 EDT
Hello!  I'm sorry to hear about Chloe's disappearance...

I would like to give you some hope.  I recently started a shelter back in
January for Ferrets and to make a long story short our local paper did a
news article on us.  We were shocked to see it make the front page and I
believe that is why this lady read it.

The article told how a ferret was found on the streets of New Wilmington
almost a year ago but gave no description of him.

This lady called me after she read the article asking about him.  I told
her that yes we still had him.  She asked if she could come and see him
because hers got out on them back in March the year before.

I asked if she had pictures and she said yes.  So I invited her over.
Before we showed her Bandit we asked to see the pictures and my heart
went into my stomach.  We had decided to keep him before we ever started
a shelter.

Those pictures put a new light on the subject.  Bandit was in fact hers
and she called him Owlie dumb name for a ferret I think but that was his
name and he knew it too.

She cried and I cried we all did but he went back home with her.  She
asked me what she owed me for taking care of him and I presented her with
his medical bill of about $93.00 which was for a full exam all shots and
ADV testing not once but twice.  I said to her if you would like to pay
his medical bill that would be fine but their is no charge for his care.

I told her I was just happy that he was not a throw away and that he did
have a home where he was loved.  She said she would mail me a check for
his medical and that she would keep in touch and that was the last I ever
heard from her.

I feel bad because her number got erased by mistake from the caller Id and
I would like to have known how he is.

So to you I say please don't give up hope you never know someone may have
your baby.  So be sure to check every avenue and watch the papers.
Contact shelters everywhere in your area.

You never know.  This lady lived 12 miles from us and she never dreamed
Bandit as we called him would be in New Castle but the lady in New
Wilmington that found him called us so you see check at least a good 30
or 50 mile radios till you find all shelters in your area.  She could be
their.

I am going to put your baby on our Prayers For Pets prayer chain and we
will be praying that she is found.

God Bless You
May The Angels be with Chloe and bring her safely home
Helen