Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:30:27 EST
Hello to all!

I've not been on the FML in a while, but the old-timers will remember
me.  I used to run a ferret shelter from 1988 to 1996 and then stopped
working altogether with ferret placement in 1999.  I've finally met my
objective -- to have all of my ferrets housed in ONE cage.  Ernie passed
away last week at 6.5 years and that left his two level section of a four
level cage open for a group of four who were housed in a tall Midwest
cage.  I have 8 ferrets in two groups in one cage.  Someday I hope to get
them all to play with each other nicely and take the barriers out.

At any rate - I've got a surplus of water bottles, crock dishes, small
"show" cages and litter pans -- some are the really nice tall backed
Marshall pans.  I no longer have a vehicle I can haul stuff around in, so
I have no way to get these items to a ferret shelter.

If you are a ferret shelter and willing to drive to Springfield, VA - you
can take as much of this as you'd like and if you're nonprofit, can leave
me a receipt.  If you are a ferret foster person, and need supplies, and
can come get some of this, I'm happy to let you have some of it.  If
you're a ferret owner and need supplies, you are welcomed to come and get
some of this stuff -- you have to promise to make a donation to a ferret
rescue if you're keeping the items for yourself though.  If you promise to
deliver the remaining items to a ferret rescue - I'll let you have the
whole lot.

I just don't have the transportation with a regular car, I don't have
friends with pick up trucks, and I live in a town house and could use the
room for storing other things than cages I'll never need again.

So - who ever makes an appointment may come and get it.  I can't leave the
stuff stacked out front because of home owner rules, so you'll have to be
able to come by on a weekend or an evening.  I'd really like to get it all
cleared out before December, so please e-mail me, Pam Troutman, directly
at [log in to unmask] for a prompt response.

Thanks,
Pam, Bruce, 2 cats, 5 fish and 8 ferrets
(Ernie, Buckeye & Wendy R.I.P. 2001)