From:
Jacob Mather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 14:11:10 -0400
Hey everyone,

Joined the FML very recently (the day after I found out it existed
actually, held up because of technical issues), and I thought I would
share with you what my very first little guy has shared with me.

Little background: My roommates brought in a ferret named Stinky about
two months ago.  He started off being extreamly unfun.  Well, unfun for
us, though he seemed to rather enjoy trying to take our fingers and toes
off.  (I.e. When he bit, he bit hard.  When you yelled 'Owch!', he bit
*harder*.)  Despite his love for making us suffer, I took to him.  Played
with him, gave him treats for good behavior... as a result, I now get
kisses almost every time I pick him up, and he prefers to sleep under my
bed if given a choice.

I went to the pet store the other day (note that when I go to a pet
store, it's not just any pet store, it's the best one that I've found
in the 20mile area from Lansing, MI) and was looking at ferrets.  After
talking with them, I had decided it was possable (both mentally and
monitarily) for me to take the leap and get a furbutt myself.  That was
a week ago.  When I brought him home, I had a friend of mine sit with
him in my room while one roommate and I constucted his cage.  He was
wardancing on my bed when he saw the cage being brought in.  We put him
in and he went to bed.  When he woke up he ate, drank, and then did
nothing but try to convince me to let him out.

After about ten minutes, I gave in to his demands.  He climbed out and
started wardancing again, then ran under the bed.  Woops!  Next thing I
see is the roommates kitten flying out from under the bed and straight
into the bedroom door, with Chance hopping right behind her, looking
pleased as punch.  This continued for a while (Chance chasing Shadow),
until he got bored.  But then... Shadow came looking for him!

Jacob Mather

p.s. Thought I would mention:
Chance - Ferret - 13 weeks old - My first
Stinky - Ferret - about 4 years old - My roommates
Shadow - Kitten - 8 months old