From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 22:57:23 -0400
Went to a feed store after our meeting to offer our club literature, and
assistance with their critters.  They had a couple of ferrets in a cage,
with a dirty hammock.  The albino female (approx.  2 yrs) was scrawny, bony,
and weak.  The chocolate male (half-grown kit) was filthy and dehydrated.
Lea and Dennis took the female home (a story in itself, but I'll let them
tell it) and I took the male.

It took 3 rinses to get the dirt out of his fur.  The dehydration seemed to
be because he didn't know how to use a water bottle - gave him a dish and
he's doing much better now.  He's eating like a horse, bouncing off the
walls, dancing with his shadow and generally behaving like a lunatic.
Wheeeeeee!  I love these critters...

Blessings,
Carla & the Woozlemaniacs
Litje, Turlough, Gaoth, Finn MacCumhail, Siobhan & Rhodri
In Loving Memory of Quidni
Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club