From:
Steve Warrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 12:18:01 -0400
Rainey's edited versions of Steve's original letter...
>>Do any of you have ANY pictures (live or drawn) covering the area of ferret
>>reproduction?  I am especially looking for pictures of the actual mating
>>act ... (I also have use for pictures involving the reproductive habits of
>>other animals...

Rainey's response...
>Pretty strange request. Maybe you should explain why you're looking for
>that particular theme.

I love animals, and love to study about them, their behavior, and their
habitat.  If I could, I would spend a lifetime photographing (although I am
only an amateur) them in their beauty, and surround myself with them.
(Right now I cannot even own animals because of the apartment I live in).

I have read a lot about all kinds of different animals, and seen a lot of
pictures covering all kinds of aspects of animal life.  I think the
Discovery channel and PBS channels are great for covering animal's lives!
As a part of my fascination with the beauty of the animal kingdom of this
world and all the details of their lives, comes an interest (curiosity) in
their reproductive habits / behaviors.  It is supposed to be a normal part
of every animal's life, but is often left out.  Where I don't know
something, I like to ask others who do.

I have read a lot about the ferret, and the recent explosion of home pages
on the internet (and everyone's photos of their pets) has brought those
readings alive.  (I didn't even realize through books that a male was called
a Bob and a female a Jill until someone pointed it out to me on the
internet!) Ferret reproduction is an area that I have never seen covered
thoroughly in books, in pictures, or in person, and I thought I would ask
some (of you) who might have the resources.

I know it sounds like a strange request.  Many people are embarrassed when
it comes to reproduction of any kind.  This is part of the reason it is hard
to find material covering the details of reproduction in books or other
media for ferrets (and many other animals).

I did not mean to offend anyone or embarrass anyone (apologies if I did). I
am just curious. That's all.

I also know that others may be curious, too, about ferret reproduction and
offered to share (what others share with me) with anyone who wants to
contact me for them.  (I have received nothing so far).  AND...

Since it doesn't seem to be possible to send a picture (large binary file)
very easily through this type of a list service, I figured pictures could be
sent direct via Email, and I would share them with anyone else interested.

That's why I made the request I did. Can you help?

Steve