From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:21:33 -0500
>>>Vegetable oils are great for helping hairball & partial blockage
>>>situations

>>Vegetable oils are digestible and not much use as a laxative it is
>>mineral type oils that should be used as laxatives.  Chris.

>Please be cautious with mineral oil.  As it is tasteless, it is very
>easily aspirated into the lungs.
>
>cb

Sometimes mineral oil can cause cramping.  It can be used as a last ditch
thing sometimes when vet says it's fine to try, but petroleum jelly is
kinder.

As far as i know, Chris is completely correct that veg oils don't help
with furballs; don't know how that idea started years ago (and it doesn't
matter), but start it did...

Wow!  Top-notch post on Brewer's Yeast, chromium, and avoiding same with
insulinoma, Debi!  Talk about a well-written and concise post!  That one
deserves repeating elsewhere.  (I sure hope that those who use it ask your
permission first, and do hope that it shows up elsewhere.)

At 3:04 AM -0500 11/20/01, Automatic digest processor wrote:
>Thursday 11/15 and are post numbers 8717, 98726, and 8728

I expect that most folks figured out that the "9" was just a typo
from ham-handed typing, but just in case...  Ah, maladroit me...