Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:34:46 -0600
Theresa,

I'm so sorry for your ill health.  I commend your taking responsibility
seriously.  I am NOT offering flames, just something you may not realize.
Ferrets are ok if you take them out and let them run around a safe place.
You can interact with them by sitting on a short chair or the floor if
you can manage it.  They will come to you.  I have a very hard time
getting up and down off the floor to play.  I got a beanbag chair and a
sturdy stool thingy so that I can get back up again.  I put my babies
into the room I have set up for them.  (They all live in a 4 story condo
and go to the play room every day for playtime).  I plop down into the
beanbag, or if I'm really tired, I have a futon there too.  They come to
me for tummy tickles and ears scratches.  I get to watch them play and
they include me in their joy.  I've been known to fall asleep on the
futon and wake up with 5 little furries cuddled up with me.  Or, even
more fun, no fuzzies in sight and my slippers gone missing. :-)  If you
must find homes for your babies, I really hope you are able to find good
ones.  This is just another option, if you are able.

Sukie,

That was just too cute.  Ferrets will find the most unusual things to
play with.  Made me LOL so hard my hubby noticed.

General question about this new movie "Along came Polly"

Has anyone else seen the movie?  I saw it, and thought it was awful.
They didn't show the ferret very often, but when they did, it was
portrayed as some dumb thing that bumps into everything.  Walls, trees,
trashcans whatever.  And at one part Jennifer Aniston was literally
dragging the ferret on a leash.  (At the end as they go around the
corner).  If any one showed a dog or cat being treated like that the
ASPCA would be having a fit.  IMO this did much more damage to ferrets
than Ben's stupid comment on a late night TV show.  The handler should
be ashamed to allow their ferret to be treated this way.  Anyone know
where that ferret is?  I want to rescue him!  Poor mistreated baby. :-(

Ok, taking a deep breath and finding a happy place.  People are human and
all I can do is offer my knowledge (small though it is) and hope they
listen.  Does anyone have that email address?  I didn't save it. (Darn).

Shelley and the fantastic five.

[Moderator's note: For more info about the ferret please see the
fantasticadaily.com link mentioned in Filimena's post in this FML.  BIG]