From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 08:52:43 EDT
Kymberlie,

That was a great story about your ferret climbing the tree!  My late Sally
used to do that all of the time ... she loved it!  My Paddington would
probably do it (if I let him), too ... he LOVES to climb things, and is very
lithe and agile.  I doubt my Scooter would do it, since 1) he's scared of
his own shadow INDOORS, doubly so OUTDOORS and 2) he's built like a pear,
with a big, old heavy bottom that hinders his climbing agility.

Just a word of caution: I used to let Sally run around without a leash on
occasion, too ..  but I had to quit because she was so good at discovering
rabbit/gopher/snake holes and disappearing into them.  I was terrified that
she would one day disappear into a hole, and I would not only be unable to
find and retrieve her, but she would run into a wild animal down there.  Ugh.

- Ela