Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 23:30:20 -0800
*******Clipped*******
>And the most honest.  To doubt their integrity on how a random number
>generator picks numbers is very upsetting.

And where did THAT information come from?  To the best of my knowledge,
nothing was ever said about the integrity of the SOS people.

>I read how it was done, and it was the computer who picked the numbers.
>Can't get any more unbiased than that.  It stands to reason that the more
>tickets a person purchased, the better his or her chances.

Again, it was never questioned how the numbers were generated, nor was it
said or even intimated that the method was biased.  If I were BIG, I would
be a little unhappy with these ascertions as well, as HE is the one who
generated the numbers.  (Or so I was told.)  Does anyone here really think
he would doctor the results?

[Moderator's note: Well, seeing how I didn't know which number corrsponded
to which entrant doctoring would do me no good.  BIG]

And of course!  The more tickets purchased, the great the odds of winning.
So?  None of that was ever doubted or questioned.  Why does it keep coming
up.

Who started the distortions in the first place.  Obviously someone who is
illiterate as they were not able to read the original comment as it was
written.  If you would like, I would be happy to send you the original
post privately.

MC

[Moderator's note: Yeah, I never did figure out where the distortions
originated, but we certainly don't need to keep bringing it up on the
FML -- I already closed the topic, but since I think you made the
original observation you should get a say.  BIG]