From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 19:11:41 MET
More on the show
I hadn't planned on taking my little darlings to the show
more than one day, but yesterday morning there weren't
many people there, so I brought all four again. They were
naturally more tired, since I hadn't let them rest
Saturday afternoon. But everything went just fine anyway,
but I almost got worried once:
   Was it when a baby grabbed a fistful of Rustan's fur?
No, of course he didn't bite.
   Was it when a little girl tried to steal him? Not
exactly, since when you're three years old, you don't get
very far, and she seemed to have the sense not to squeeze
him when her dad tried to get her to give him back.
   It was when he showed an interest in the plastic tube a
boy had up his nose and taped to his forehead I decided he
should not be allowed to investigate the boy's face
further, especially since the boy hardly even had marginal
control of his own limbs. He couldn't speak either, but it
was clear he liked having a ferret in his lap.

Snow
This night we had the winter's first (relatively) heavy
snowfall, or almost enough to cover a ferret. Rustan and
Carmen have never been in deep snow before, so I took them
out this evening and they both totally loved it! Digging,
plowing and jumping around -- but not for very long since
their feet got cold.
   But Rustan liked it enough to want to go out on the
lawn one more time, and who am I to refuse a ferret's
wish?
--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]