From:
Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 11:12:49 EDT
Has anyone thought of making up some covered litter pans?  I don't mean
those silly expensive things from the store either!  (I've seen a few
designed for ferrets) Years ago I saw an article about a travel litter box
for ferrets and its worked perfectly for me.  I used to wedge it in a space
in the back of my SUV, for my ferrets.  Later when I had ferret with a
problem of throwing out litter I used the box inside the cage as well.
No more thrown litter and no more pooping over the side!

I forget the name of the magazine, but the idea was to take two deep
plastic shoeboxes (or roughly shoe length plastic storage boxes), cut a
ferret sized hole in the top, or side, top is better, then "clip" the two
boxes together, using the black binder clips.  Most of the boxes today
have a pretty stiff rolled lip, using the smaller clips means no cutting
on those boxes.

Then when you see a ferret going potty (elsewhere) to introduce them to the
box, you just slide them in head first and put your hand over the hole till
they do their duty.  I haven't had problem pooper in a while, but now that
I remember the mess free litterbox, I'm tempted to run out and buy more
plastic boxes and binder clips!

Good luck guys!
Sharon