Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:59:38 -0700
I'll be leaving to California early in the morning to accompany my dear
Dutch friends on their USA holiday.

I want to deeply thank all those who wrote offering a place for me to
park my pickup. That decision is still being made; I am still not sure
when I'll have to leave to help Kim and David and haven't yet decided
what to do.

I've agreed to stop and see a few people on my way out to California. I
still have some time left to stop and talk to people on my way home. I
am very glad to stop and give an impromptu ferret talk; it allows me to
clear my head for more miles on the road. First asked, first visited.
Roughly speaking, I'll probably be returning home via Interstate 70
East, but since I love to drive, I am willing to take some short
detours. Maybe not several states worth of detours, but a reasonable
one. However, it must first be understood that if I have to rush home
to help Kim and David, I have the right and your understanding if
forced to a last minute cancellation.

While I really can't afford the cost and time for this holiday, I have
to say that after several years of hard work and exhausting hours
with very little real time off doing almost nothing but ferret stuff,
perhaps a few weeks showing the spectacular west to dear friends is
just the break I need to reduce risks of burning myself out on
ferret work. Just recently, I wrote a multiple page post verbally
bitch-slapping someone for suggesting I was practicing "bad science"
on another list -- even though they *never* saw my research design or
talked to the six professors and vets that approved it, including some
of the top people in the world. It just set me off, but luckily I
cooled down before posting it (although I am sure BIG would have gently
asked me if I thought such a post was appropriate). When I start to get
cranky, it is time to take a break. ;-)

I am looking forward to introducing my Dutch buddies to several people
who have sent a note suggesting we stop. I'll drop those of you who
wrote asking to meet the crazy Dutch ferret people a short line before
I leave.

I look forward to seeing some of my good California buddies!

Bob C [log in to unmask]