From:
Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 16:13:07 EST
>From:    Maria Moreno <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: My Little Boy-Ed
>I am not only writing to share my grief about losing Ed, but to thank a
>woman that has selflessly dedicated herself to ferrets, and their owners.
>She saved my oldest ferret's life when I called her one morning at 2:00 am
>(she talked me through an insulinoma reaction).  And, through this hard
>time she has been there to offer advice, and shoulder to cry on.  She
>provided Ed with his final resting place.  Thank you Patricia.  And thank
>you to all the people who posted in the last couple of days for making me
>feel welcome to share my grief.  Maria and Gizmo.

As I have told you, Maria, you are more than welcome.  I see what I did
as only "my job" as a shelter.  I certainly do not know everything, but I
have gained a lot of knowledge and experience over all the years I have
sheltered and am always here for every ferret and every ferret owner I
can help.  Any shelter that is truly devoted to the ferrets will also be
available to help a sick one 24/7, just like me.

I am only glad you *did* call me, and that I was able to help that morning
at 2:00 am.  You don't know how badly I wish there had been something I
could have done for Ed on Saturday.  Please take comfort in knowing that
you provided him a great life.  There isn't anything you could have done
differently that would have changed the outcome.  Don't blame yourself,
Maria, there is simply no grounds for that.  It's just unfortunate that all
their lives are too short.  That is one of the hardest parts of ferret
ownership to accept for all of us.

Call me anytime about Gizmo or if you just need to talk.  I'm here.

Kisses to Gizmo
Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter (www.ferretsfirst.com)