From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:10:36 -0500
This terrible disaster that struck one of the finest ferret rescue
shelters in the nation is beyond my ability to fathom. This is a most
terrible loss to the ferret community, to the commonwealth of Virginia
and of course to those ferrets that so desperately need to be rescued,
especially those older ones that simply get discarded because they got
old.

I have been to Carol's shelter many times. Always her shelter was
clean, the animals were well fed and had plenty of water. Even those
that were disabled were given 'out' time, a most necessary event in
the healthy daily life of a fert. I could all but cry for what has
happened.

I have sent to the news documentation of how well Carol has done and
all that she has contributed to our society of throw away pets. I have
asked those news broadcasters to take back those negative statements
and make correct ones. I really doubt any news broadcaster has the back
bone and fortitude to make right their wrong so it is up to us to make
it correct and bad mouth the news, not the subject.

On a lighter note, I had Pester out of the cage but had the cage door
closed. Later I went back to the cage and guess who was back inside?
Ha! Yup! That little *($_)*#@ again climbed up the side of the cage and
went thru the 'J' feeder (which was nearly empty) and was back in side.
Of all things. Nibble-ed would do that too. Goes to show, if a ferret
wants to get somewhere, they for sure will get there. That is why I
keep them both away from jet aircraft. Sheesh! That would be really
hard for the news to explain !!!!

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation