From:
Brian Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 1995 16:28:55 -0500
Hello all!

I have been a lurker for a few months now, and have enjoyed reading
the FML. You have all taught me many new things about my ferret.

However I am writing for some advice.  For the past 4 years I have had one
ferret (Snowflake), who pretty much has the run of the house (my wife and I
just pay Snowflake's bills).  Recently Snowflake seems bored with us, seems
a little depressed (vet checks are ok), so we decided to purchase another
ferret for Snowflake to play with.  The problem is: one is 4 years old, one
is 10 weeks old.  How do I introduce the two so that they get along?  First
impressions are: Snowflake seems to be afraid of the other (not terrified,
just seems to be jumpy around the new ferret).  I continue to let Snowflake
have the run of the house, and have quarantined off one room for the new
ferret.  The new ferret remains in her cage until I am around to supervise
her.  I will let Snowflake wander into the room (supervised) to check out
the cage.  I also understand that supervision is one of the most important
things when introducing two new ferrets.  But does anyone have any
suggestions/experiences that they could e-mail me with to help me out with
introducing these two?  They have only been together one day.  Snowflake
seems to be a little mad at me, and is giving me the silent treatment, but
she cheers up when I get out the Ferretone or Peanut Butter.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Brian Walker