From:
Bre-Ann Rocha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:38:29 EDT
Hi, this is my first post on here, but i've been on the list for a few
weeks now.  Now a little about myself.  My name is Bre-Ann, i live in
Michigan.  own 7 ferrets, all boys, ranging from 1 year to 5.5 years old,
my youngest weighs about 4.5lbs and the oldest weighs 2.5lbs (he gained
weight actually)  And i also work at a local pet store.

We sell MF ferrets and just got a new batch in 2 days ago.  They arent 8
weeks old yet, so we arent allowed to sell them untill they are.  People
come in and look and "ooo and ahhh" at them.  I went up to this one lady
that was standing looking at them and asked her "do u have ferrets?" she
said that she didnt but she had an exchange student living at her apartment
with her and she had a ferret.

The ferret was playing and got the screen door open and went out on the
porch.  when the girl went to get the ferret her little fuzzy thought she
was playing and jumped right off the balcony!!!  15 stories above ground!!
As soon as she told me that, i had tears... why didnt they pay closer
attention?  why didnt they do something!!!!  that poor baby.

I wish our pet store would exam people before buying an animal, i have
people coming in there all the time wanting to buy a ferret and put it in
a 29 gallon aquarium.  i grab a book and tell them to purchase that before
anything.  a month ago, i almost sold 2 lil fuzzies to a couple who had
been drinking for awhile.  i couldnt do that.

take care
kisses and hugs from the boys
Dante, Nemo, Marley, LB, Buddy, Odyssus, & Pepe