From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:36:34 -0500
BTW, his use of "hurones" that way is like the way we here often refer
to our "weasels"; it's a generalization so the ferrets get clumped in.

(In our house we still call them "kittys" which is a left-over habit from
when we lived in adjoined housing where we could be overheard talking
about cats but not ferrets.  As one member long, long ago wrote, "They
are Polish cats, sir, a rare breed we hope will catch on!". ;-)

He might not mean tayras but those are what I have usually found that
people mean when they say those sort of things.

--Sukie (who really is trying to get Steve to put on Tingilinde how to
calculate the speed of light from chocolate -- which really CAN be done.
Hint: it involves a microwave and it actually is quite accurate.  He came
up with this about 30 years ago when asked what constants can be measured
in a kitchen and he suspects that others have done it, too.)