From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:51:02 -0800
This is just our opinion based on years of experience with our ferrets.

>From:    Don & Janice Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: turn the heat up--they don't wear house slippers!

We respectfully disagree.  Except for providing plenty of bedding.

>They are domestic animals and fragile in this respect.

At people comfortable temperatures ferrets are more fragile than at
cooler temperatures.  This is similar to people.  We do better at warmer
temepratures than ferrets but many of the diseases that afflict us are
worst in the tropics.  At the higher heat and humidity of some climates,
we are more fragile than at somewhat cooler.  But below our optimum range
we too can have problems.

Ferrets seem to come alive at temperatures in the 50s Farenheit.

They may be domestic but they've been indoors in A/C and all for only a
very few decades out of thousands of years.

We thinking turning up the household heat for your ferrets is the wrong
reason.  We think its possibly better for them to keep the heat not so
high.

bill and diane
--
bill and diane killian