From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:37:23 -0400
HI Friends!

Well lots of busy-ness these days - and I am so excited - SPRING IS
HERE!!!!  It is so great having fresh air in the shelter once again.
Almost makes me feel like a kit!

Today shelter Mom had to rush a hospice kid to the vets - Old Ruby
Christmas age 7 plus who was a pet shop transferee with pneumonia many
years ago ( she like me can't hear a thing they say).  Anyway she has
dropped a lot of weight, and has a funny leaky ear so she is today at Dr
Winnies for a work-up and hopefully the can find something to fix her up
right.  She has a lot of miles on her that Ruby girl, she started out
here then transferred into hospice in Jaffrey, NH travelled to NJ and she
has returned again ( now the hospice only has 2 kids left- they used to
have 16) and is back in Jaffrey, NH.  It sure makes it easier for Mom to
help coordinate now with the vet!  Anyway she looks great for an old gal
Mom thinks but she has dropped a bunch of weight and has had a ear
weepiness for almost a week.  Mom is a tad worried but is waiting for the
vet to call.

Meanwhile, I am hoping I get my 15 minutes of fame.  A local alternative
learning group who visited last Winter called and they want to videotape
for a PSA (Public Service Announcement) here at the shelter.  Mom is
scurrying to get the shelter Springy for their arrival in May.  She hopes
to get some nicer curtains for this interview & taping rather than the
wind block fleece blankets on the windows!  I sure hope they pick ME to
be the model ferret!  After all- I am very handsome!  Momma is back, Poor
Ruby had an invasive tumor in her ear- that had been making it hard to
eat.  The vet gave her sleepy stuff and tried to remove it, but it was
not to be.  Ruby waited for her Hospice Mom & Shelter Mom to get there
before she jumped over the rainbow.  I betcha ol' Strider her buddy will
be lonesome now.  If you see a bright red star in the sky- I betcha it
is our Ruby showing us all the way.

A Bake Sale to benefit us Ferret Wise kids is scheduled for Saturday
MAY !# at PETCO, Key Rd, KEENE, NH.  [That's May 13th, I guess!  BIG]

Our shelter folks will be there 10 AM - 2 PM with coffee and lots of
goodies individual baggies of cookies & bars for snacking and more treats
including small cakes, loaf breads etc.  Lots of choices for treats on
Mothers Day Sunday May 14.  Please drop buy and purchase, help out - or
even help us by baking some great treats !

We have some special stuff on ebay again - to help pay for the pathology
and surgery for Ruby- I am sure Mom would be pleased to see this stuff
sold and outta here!

FERRET LOGO PEN  ENDS Apr 20
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7234605910

RARE COLLECTIBLE PRINT 4 Ferret WIse  ENDS Apr-21-06 07:09:22 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4455726266

UNIQUE POTTERY MUG  4 FERRET WISE  ENDS Apr-21-06 11:50:15 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8277108511

FOAMY FRIES TOYS & TREATS   ENDS Apr-22-06 07:50:37 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7759992772

RARE NEW ACME FERRET CARPET SHARK STAMP 4 Ferret WIse ENDS Apr-23-06
13:21:04 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7235149934

RARE EMBROIDERED CAP 4 Ferret WIse ENDS Apr-24-06 16:24:43 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7235425621

AND NOw a Message from our GI Dad Robert,
"hello all,
well, the deadline for mail is finally here.  since it usually takes
about 3 weeks for packages,they told us May 1st.  So no more mail after
that.  I want to thank you for the donated goodies and support mail and
packages.  Me and my guys really, really apreciate the support.  Thank
you again."

SPC Robert Lincoln Lynch
....Task Force Saber....  .....Security Force..... ...2nd Marine
Division... ..Camp Ar Ramadi, Iraq... ...." First Vermont "....

I guess that about does it for today.  I have got to run & play with
Nestle now we both keep the shelter in order you know!  I need to write
my newsletter column soon too - so you all can read me there!  Many
licks and paws form your ol buddy,

Jerimiah
mascot www.ferretwise.org