From:
"Jeff Stephens; Sabrina Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 01:16:39 -0500
Dear BIG and FMLr's,
I am so happy to read of your cute (warm & fuzzy) [wonder if *that's* where
that expression came from :) ] stories in recent posts.  I don't get to play
with my four guys often enough, as we are currently renting a mobile home
and I worry about losing them underneath it!

When we get our house built, they will have their own large ferret room, and
I hope to even have a stream running through it for them to splash and play
in!  "C'mon, lottery numbers!"

Condolences also to those of you who have seen their friends cross the
Rainbow Bridge.  Don't let anyone disparage you in your grief.  No one can
really understand the loss of a pet unless they've known how close he/she
has been in your family.  May your tears soon be replaced by smiles, as the
pleasant memories of your little ones eases away your pain.

On a lighter note, let's hope God keeps his shoes and socks put up, or he'd
better look under *His* bed!  (Because surely there must be ferrets in
heaven, or it wouldn't BE heaven!)

**(BIG:  The following is not really related to ferrets, but is a quick,
free, good deed, please consider)**

On a kind of non-ferret related note, I wanted to send this out because
I can reach all of you, and I think our group is the kind that can spare
a moment to help others, and it is free and painless.  I found it on a
message board:

"This opportunity was just brought to my attention.  Seems like such simple
thing to do, send an e-mail, and help a child.

>For those looking for a "good deed" to do today.  Houghton Mifflin
>Publishing Corporation will donate one book to a children's hospital for
>every 25 e-mails they receive.

Please e-mail them at [log in to unmask] I hope you can spare the seconds and
let your friends know.  So far they have only received 3,400 messages.  Last
year they reached 23,000.  Thank you."

Let's get those books a'rollin'.  Let them know who you are, FMLr's.  Maybe
we could ask them to send some books about ferrets!  :)

Dooks and kisses from me and my boys,

Sabrina (the one THEY own)
Bear ("I'm the Alpha--Let me out of this cage!")
Minx (The middle child--a good boy, though)
Pippin ("I used to bite but now I give kissies!")
Kylan (The runt--and my four-year-old's favorite toy)

[Moderator's note: Please don't send mail to them.  Their mail servers can't
handle the load and, in fact, that email address is no longer accepting
email - they have WELL over 100,000 responses already and are begging people
to stop.  (http://www.hmco.com/hmco/trade/hmi/polar/ if you wish to confirm
this.)

The original idea was to get people to visit their web page and send email
from there, thus they get some exposure out of the deal.  But people started
posting the email address all over the net and they are absolutely flooded.
The last I heard 2 of their 3 email servers crashed from the load!  BIG]