From:
Tracy Kilmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 07:27:55 EDT
Hi,

Well, I had one of the greatest gifts in the world show up at my door
this morning!!!  There were 20+ wonderful hand made hammocks, some corner
sleepers, some crinkle sacks and some toys donated by sunshine-Debbie in
WA.  With the ability to house 120 ferrets and right now about 70 (just a
guess haven't counted in a week or so) you can guess how many of these
things I go through.  A world of thanks to you and your mom for this
wonderful gift.  Also recently ferretails-Charleen of WA, has donated 20
Fervac-D distemper vaccinations to us after a scare of distemper.  We did
lose a ferret that showed up on that day of the scare to it (bless the
little "Spirit" her name), there was nothing that could be done to prevent
this.  And at this time I have now one more showing some sings of illness
that was vaccinated with 2 shots and had been here for 3 weeks and is an
adult so everyone keep your fingers crossed for Marshall he is a beautiful
bibbed chocolate.  And also keep your fingers crossed that this is the last
of this horrible happening.  With running my rescue for all the years that
I have this is the first time for such a thing I have always kept a close
eye on the dogs in the neighborhood and offered to show lower income people
how to vaccinate there dogs on there own for distemper for there protection
and mine.  (reason being if they can buy the shot for $4 compared to going
to the vet (which most wont do around her) and paying $40 they are more
inclined to be concerned about it.  But the people who had the dog didn't
care anyways at the time until they had to spend $600 to save the dog.
Today they came over to tell me the stats on there dog at which time I told
them of my happenings and there reply was "Well I guess that is what you
get when you have that many animals in the city!" "Don't you think you need
to live on a farm" boy was I a mad mad mad person...and yes if the rescue
had the funding to have a place out in the county I would.  Well, enough of
my sad story.

On another note I will be coming to Seattle on the 11th+12th of September
for the W.S.F.A..  meeting and will bring ferrets for placement (we have
about 40 ready for new forever homes) and do a pick up at that time to so
let me know if my services are needed by anyone!!!  To see who we have go
to my web page at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/square/7970/rescue.html
and we also have some new kids not listed ready for homes too!  3 Marshall
kids 1 male 4 mos drk sable super sweet and 1 chocolate female also really
sweet 10 mos, + 1 male sterling silver 3 yrs w/ a black nose so cute and
also a very active but sweet kid all of coarse are fixed and descented.
And they are not together but all get along with other ferrets.

Thanks for your time
Tracy Kilmer
Ferret Rescue Of Spokane