From:
"Michelle Lattanzio (ENG)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 00:44:50 -0500
Anna and Martin,

Regarding apartment landlords allowing ferrets in apartment homes -- my
fiance and I had the same problem (out of 25 complexes we looked at, only 3
allowed ferrets).

What we finally did was bring our ferret kids, Chesire and the March Bear,
with us as we apartment shopped.  When the leasing agents and landlords saw
how well-behaved and clean our children were (some had never seen a ferret
before, and had *many* misconceptions) most had no problems with allowing
them in the apartments.  Chesire and the March Bear are both very sociable
and have never bit or nipped anyone, and charmed the agents they met.  We
are now in a lovely apartment complex that did not allow ferrets before
meeting these two.

Hope this idea helps you out.  We wish you well in your apartment search.

Michelle and Jon,

Chesire and the March Bear