Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:54:04 -0700
I am cross posting this to Ferret Health for opinions from vets and other
health providers.

I would like to start using wood pellets for litter pans for my fuzzies.
I have read about _not_ using soft wood pellets.  Soft wood usually means
conifer wood.  However, I have found one pellet producer that "claims"
theirs are made from only Douglas Fir and Larch.  From what I can tell
neither of these two woods are pine.  And therefore it should be safe to
use for litter for fuzzies and other animals.

I would like to hear (email) from anyone that has used wood pellets for
litter.  Please tell me what kind of wood the pellets are made from, the
brand name, and the producer.  Also, if you have used other brands and
why you switched.

I will collect all responses I receive, put them in a single posting, and
send it to the FML.

I realize that this may have been done before and the results are in the
archives.  Unfortunately, wood pellet producers change their formulation
frequently and it would be hard to know if they are being made the same
as last year.  I thought doing this just as the winter heating season
begins, we can gather information that should be up-to=date.

Thanks!
--
William M. Davidson

1704 Blume, NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
505 294 4571

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they
don't want, to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers