From:
"M.S. Hastie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 11:51:53 PDT
Merry Meet

Well, I wanted to write an update everyone on the news of my little once
skinny Kodo.  To those of you who sent me Duck soup recipes and hints on
Ensure.  I wish to sing your praises.  The ensure and the duck soup really
worked well.  She has gained back her weight and is now just as spry and
energetic as she was before.  Thank you all.

Now, onto Ferret Math.... My husband is the guilty one this time.  This
comes even after he claimed he was never entering another pet store with me
or Amber (Elmo's Mommy) again, and that we already had too many ferrets at
4.  Talked with a guy at work who said he had 4 ferrets (3 males and 1
female) that he needed to find a home for before August.  The only
stipulation was that they must go to the same home since they had been
together for 3 years.  And my husband told him that we would take them.
So, NOW we are a ferret home with 8 ferrets.... and we were to learn after
picking them up that there are 3 females and 1 male.  We introduced the new
4 to the other 4 and right away they made friends.  There have been a few
squabbles between the two males but nothing that a little shouting wont
stop.  But one thing I find interesting are their names.  Their owner is a
nice guy... but I wonder if male owners typically name their ferrets with
names that are strong and maybe a bit masculine.  Maybe its a topic for
debate later.  The new ferrets are: Rochester (aka Rocky), Largo (aka
Lars-a-go-go), Key, and Arizona (aka Ari's or Zoe).  And they of course
join Kodo, Podo, Hugh and Elmo.

Dumping litter pans: we got cage clips which can be ordered shipping free
from teh ferret store or gotten at Pet Smart, these wonderful things work
great and keep then from moving the litter pans.

Bowls: we purchased one of those bowls you attach to the cage from Petsmart.
I highly recommend these.  They come in three sizes and attach to most every
cage.

Well, most run....

Margaret Hastie

Want more personal information about me?
Feel free to check out my new updated web pages.
http://www.e-knot.com/moduinne
Brightest Blessings