From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:23:37 -0500
>A message was put on my site from George telling me how one of his ferrets
>was seen nose to nose with one of his guinea-pigs and this reminded me of
>the time I put it on one of the ferret sites that I could let my ferrets
>and rabbits out together, once I had posted that my rabbits and ferret
>could be out together and not wish to kill each other and I was shot down
>in flames for saying it.

You aren't alone, but it's not terribly common.  Know of several which
have gotten along with rabbits, or with large rodents like chinchillas,
and even one with a mouse (which it fed).  Not impossible, but highly
unusual, and could be a serious risk to try.  Splash on tv in Metropets
even gets along with large birds (in addition to large lagomorphs, large
rodents, dogs, and cats) but he isn't trusted with small birds, with small
rodents, with herps, with invertebrates, etc.

>the ONLY farm I know of that worked toward getting rabies policies toward
>ferrets changed so that there weren't a pile of them being beheaded to
>help ferrets

Obvious that should have read that they did their work to help ferrets
rather than my insertion appearing to have beheading help ferrets.  Hey,
who said that I was (am) awake?