Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:08:41 -0500
March 2006 News
Andy Senior Reporter
Cub-Reporter In Training Possum
Ziggy Reporter Of A Higher Order

NO Shelter Day 3-12-06

Possum Here: Hey Andy did you see mum brought in 2 new kids?

Andy Here: Yeah so what's your point?  That is what mum does, silly.

Possum Here: well what about us?  You and me and all the others what does
that mean for us?

Andy Here: It means mum has two more mouths to feed and we have one more
cage group to make room for, that's all.

Possum Here: Oh it does not mean I have to go away?

Andy Here: NO!  Where did you get such a silly idea as that?

Possum Here: I thoughts that when new kids came in mum kicked kids out.

Andy Here: First of all mum don't ever kick kids out of here.

Second if they leave it is because they "the fur kids", has picked
a human family that they want to have as their 4-ever home.

Third sometimes; there are the kids that go to rainbow bridge like Miss
Ziggy did.  So you can un-ruffle your fur and relax you are not going any
where.  Now let me tell about the 2 new kids that came in last Sunday
3-5-06.  Mum says these kids were slated to be PTS.  They were in the
back room of an independent pet store up near Buffalo N.Y.  Mum was told
the store owner is going out of business, the owner said these kids bite.
Fortunately there was a lady that has a store of her own in the same
place, she got the owner to let her have them, then she got in touch with
our mum.  You know that is why you are here Possum, because you was a
bitter too.  Mum tooks you to help you learn to be nice, NOT to come
here to nose into my news!  Anyway the lady got them to us late Sunday
afternoon.  Mum says she needed another challenge in her life, but I
don't know why, I thought we keep her challenged enough!  Mum says a bit
of socialization and lots of play time will work wonders for these two.
The lady that saved these kids said the store owner told her the kids are
about 1 yr old.  Mums don't think they are that old.  The nice lady that
saved them got them vaccinated before bringing them to us.  They are
already asking mum to play with them.

Possum Here: Hey I want to do some news Andy!

Andy Here: Okay hang on to your fur; you will in a minute.  I want to
tell my Kaleigh and Peter I miss them and I am so sad that my Kaleigh is
sick.  Miss Kaleigh and Mr. Peter were going to take me to be theirs
4-ever, but a Jacobie kid needed them more, so they left me here to help
mum.  Get better soon Miss Kaleigh, I love you.  Sad news Pinky died on
2-18-06.  Mum rushed her to our favorite Doc.  X-rays were done, she had
a mass in her chest pushing on her air way.  She could not breathe, so
she left for Rainbow Bridge to be with her buddy Brave Heart.  Also Miss
Dak, you know, that Houdini kid that got out one summer when she was here
at ferret camp?  She went to Rainbow Bridge too on 2-23-06.  Her dad had
to go away for a few days so mum did get to see her and love on her while
he was gone.  Her dad wrote to mum to tell her Dak left about a week or
so later after she went home.  Mum says she will be missed by all of us,
most of all her dad.

Possum Here: My turn!  My turn Andy!  Mum got a check for us from iGive
for $26.03.  Mums says we thank all of you for your continued support
though igive.  Beku had to be rushed to our favorite Doc on 2-27-06 to
earn her wings.  She was berry berry sick.  Mum helped to take care of
Rocky S.  He use to live here way before I got here,.  Anyway he was sick
so mum tolds his mom she would look after him.  He was here about 5 days.
He needed Doc so he went up to see about getting blue strings in his
belly.  The Talledo girls were at camp, their dad went to go help the
army people (mum says he is silly, but she is proud of him too) he
graduated so their mom wanted to go see their dad, they camed here to
stay while she was gone.  They love camp and mum loves them.

Andy Here: My turn Possum!

Possum Here: Not yet I am not done telling MY news

Andy Here: Yes you are!  Remember you are CUB-Reporter, I tell you when
you are done!

Possum Here: You are bossy and mean to me!

Andy Here: Yep Miss Ziggy taught me how!  Hee hee.  Okay do you guys
remember when mum was using Miss Nichole and Mr. Mike's little green
jelly bean when her van was broke?  Well Miss Nichole was in an accident
and it is broke now.  My far away mom sent me valentine presents.  Lisa
O.  sent us all lots of valentine presents too with Chocolates for mum
and she won't share.  Our new Shelter friend Kristie has come a couple
more times to help mum take care of us, Miss Donna comes to help and
play with us too.  Mum says it is time to go.  Spring is almost here so
everybody have a great month and we will catch you up next month.

Possum Here: Don't forget about The:
International Ferret Congress Derby City Forum April 22-23, 2006
Louisville Zoo, Louisville KY Registration Deadline: April 17, 2006
Mum says if you want to know more go here http://ferretcongress.org

Possum Here: Ha!  I got the last word in on the news.  Hee hee I did!  I
did!  I did!

Until Next Month;
Andy Senior reporter
Cub-Reporter in Training Possum
Ziggy; from Rainbow Bridge with an
unending supply of cheweasels in heaven.
They grow on trees and drop like apples...

International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
http://ferretcongress.org

IGive Fund Raiser for Lakeroad Ferret Farm
http://www.kwickbid.com/shop.php?userid=100097

Lakeroad Ferret Farm KwickBid Store
http://www.kwickbid.com/shop.php?userid=100097

Don't have time for a ferret of your own?  You can sponsor one of our fur
kids.  There are new faces at the shelter go take at look at kids looking
for new homes.

lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue Shelter
http://www.ferretfarm.org

Petfinder Page