From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:47:39 -0500
I am posting this anonymously as I don't want to start any shelter
bashing or insult someone publicly for being rude.  I am extremely
disappointed by the fact that I did not get any kind of acknowledgement
of receipt of my donation as a Santa.

This is a poor practice for any shelter receiving donations (especially
when they are actively soliciting them) to not at least send an email
saying that you received the donation.  The Giving Tree is set up to help
special ferrets in need and request special items.  The Santas out there,
not even knowing the ferret or shelter, go out of their way to assist the
shelter and ferret by providing the requested items.  I think that they
at least deserves a thank you.  I typically support the shelters I know
personally, however this year a cute face caught my eye and I thought
that this is a neat idea, I'll give it a try, maybe make a new friend in
the process.  I got an email from the shelter operator telling me where
to send the donations, I purchased about $50 (more than I spent on my
siblings or my own ferrets, mind you) of items from several stores and
on-line, paid another $8 dollars for shipping....I sent an email to let
her know that the gifts were on their way.  Not even an email...

I know the holiday season is about giving, but appreciation is in there
somewhere too.  Personally, I will not donate through this method again,
I will go back to supporting the shelters I know.  I am thankful for the
shelters and the hard work they do and the time, money and caring that
they do without question...however donors need to be appreciated to.

[AC]