Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:30:27 +0000
Hi Joan,

We were some of the participants in this deslorelin study with Dr.
Wagner. Several of our shelter ferrets were used, along with another
shelter north of us. The results were mixed - however, the new
treatment we are trying is working much better! Also, deslorelin is
very hard to come by in the US - he had to bring it over from Australia
personally. I hope he will have enough data soon to release information
on the new adrenal treatment that will be easier to get and much more
cost effective. The Des implants were over $100 each.

Thank you for sharing the article, we had not seen it yet.

Chris Sayne
Three Rivers Ferret Council, Inc.
Hide-E-Hole Ferret Rescue
Pittsburgh, PA

UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGHS RESEARCH ON DESLORELIN IN ACD FERRETS

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=15934621&query_hl=3&itool=pubmed_DocSum>