From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 23:00:35 -0400
I've been conversing with Dr. Charlie Weiss about a video he's working on
that will go into great detail on the clinical signs, diagnosis, surgery
and pre and post op care of ferrets with insulinoma and adrenal tumors.
This includes right and left adrenal tumor removal and a partial
pancreatectomy.  There will also be information on cryosurgery, which
makes surgery much safer and helps ferrets recover quicker.

The video is not quite ready for release, so don't bombard Dr. Weiss for
requests or go hunting for it just yet.  Look for an official announcement
on my Adrenal/Insulinoma web site in the next couple weeks.  I should also
have an order form available on the site.

This video should go a long way to improve the medical care of ferrets all
over the country.  Dr. Weiss constantly hears from vets and clients all
around the country on these topics and a video that shows how it is done
has to be a lot better than trying to describe a procedure over the phone.
Make sure your vet knows about its availability when the time comes and
perhaps purchase one for your local shelter.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Shelter web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc