From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:58:03 EST
::Dippy and Butters are off searching for the Great Robed One since it's
very unusual not to see her during New Years.  They have searched for two
days to no avail.  The Wolf-pack sent them because these two have the
most energy and sense of adventure out of the entire group.  They will
not tire easily, no.  Through the grassy yards of a neighborhood in
southeast TN they trudge.  They see a staff on the ground...::

"We are getting close I think!", says Dippy.

"Yeah, looky here... eeeeewww.... used depends," replies Butters.

::The two travelers hear a moan.  They break off into a gallop towards
the sound that has emanated from a rednecks back yard.  They try to make
their way through the labyrinth of wires, and left over tawdry Christmas
lights.  They make it through the obstacle course and come across a lump
on a red wagon.  The lump moved and spoke...::

"Oh my freakin heeeeeead..... what day is it?  Oh those TN rednecks
sure know how to party, holy cow.  I don't think I even made it 'til
midnight."

Dippy darling replies, "Oracle is that really you??  It's Friday, how can
you have slept until Friday??  And how did you end up like this, did you
drink that funny juice, Oracle??"

"Nonono... no funny juice for the Oracle, rednecks wear you out, baby.
And look...."

::Splayed out on her back in the wagon, the Oracle lifted her head, and
held out her hand.  She uncurled her fingers and there was a huge
hairball in it.::

"I snagged this sucker and I had such wild premonitions they knocked me
out guys!"

"Like what did you see Great One?", said Butters.

"Oh I saw great things.  Heavy things.  ::She rubs her head, and rolls
over:: Quilts I saw.  I saw a memory quilt being made for a great ferret.
One of the greatest ferrets of all that passed away last year.  But the
vision was fuzzy.  It was something about the ferret, White Russian I
think.  So we'll have to look into that later.  Then, I saw a more clear
vision of a memory afghan raffle for Moonshine ... I think you should be
on the look out for posts about that right away.  But most clear was a
vision of Help4ADV... http://www.geocities.com/help4adv/index.htm .

::She sits up in the wagon, grabs her staff out of Butters mouth, and
waves it in the air.... and a huge gorgious image appears of a quilt.
http://www.geocities.com/help4adv/ADV-quilt.html ::

"Wooooooooooow, so colorful, so soft, so pretty and unique.  I never
imagined the memory quilt for ADV to be anything like that.  How neat is
that?!  I wish I could see it in person.  My mommy will be going to the
Ferret Symposium in Atlanta, so she will actually be able to touch it."
Dippy Doo said excitedly.

"I think when people see this quilt, with each square representing a
ferret with ADV, it will be a wake up call to some.  It will be more
'tangible' and real to see and touch something like that, rather than
just hearing about it all the time", Butters says philosophically.

"Criminy, Butters ... since when did you find a brain?!" says Dippy.

"Hey, I can think, I just don't like showing it." says Butters.

"All done bickering you two.  Sheesh, my aching head.  Go ... leave me
be ... let me recover....."

::Her great head falls back, and she lays back into the wagon again, and
the two little ferrets giggle and trot off back home::

Ferret Oracle

Wolfy's site has MOVED to:
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/