Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:34:46 -0800
I'm a volunteer at the Humane Society of Cowlitz County in Longview,
WA. The HSCC currently has a male ferret available for adoption. He's
a cuddle bunny and giver of kisses.

I think that he might be deaf because he's a head flipper, and wasn't
upset by the barking of the small dogs housed in the same room as him.
He also may be adrenal, because of the bald patch on his neck and
shoulder blades. His spine is easily felt, as well. I have no clue
as to his age.

According to Rick, the shelter manager, the in-house vet took a look at
the little guy and found nothing wrong with him, saying that the bald
spot was just due to scratching. But the vet also thought that he was
a she, so I'd take their word with a grain of salt.

To all reading this, the HSCC is no-kill, so the fuzzy will not, I
repeat, will not, be euthanised. This is not an urgent plea for
adoption post. I just wanted to make you aware of this fuzzies
existence.

I'd love to foster him, but don't know if I can. I have the room, but
with eight pets to care for, don't have the finances to pay for a
possible surgery if he does turn out to be adrenal. Note that I'm not
asking for money.

Here's the Humane Society for Cowlitz County's physical address and
contact information:

Humane Society of Cowlitz County, 909 Columbia Blvd.,
Longview, WA 98632
(360) 577-0151
Hours: 9 AM -- 5 PM M-F 10 AM -- 3 PM Saturday
You can email them by going to
www.cowlitzhumane.com/contact-us.php

Randie