From:
Samanta de Jong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 10:44:31 EDT
Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since you have heard from us.  The last time I posted
I was doing really bad with my allergies.  However, I just couldn't stand
the thought of giving Freddy and Junior up, so I decided to try a few more
thing to combat my allergies before giving them up.

For about a month or so I tried everything from different litters, whiping
the fuzzies down with a damp washcloth daily, vacuming every day, washing
their bedding 2-3 times a week...to different kinds of medication to help
releave the sneezing, sinus pressure and itchy eyes.

In the mean time I was seeing a ear nose and throat doctor and had a
catscan taken of my sinusses.  On my next apointment when he showed me the
catscan, it was obvious I needed to do something.  My membranes were all
inflames in all of the sinus cavities, especially behind the eyes.  He
said I needed to find a temporary home for Freddy and Junior to see if
this would change my health.  If things don't improve I would need surgery.

Ever since I had posted the first time I've been in contact with this
absolutely lovely girl from New Jersey.  Her and her fiancee have 6 ferrets
and two cats!  They offered to take my Freddy and Junior into foster care
for a little while to see if I get better.

My boyfriend and I went to go meet them and we knew right away that
they would really take care of our Freddy and Junior.  We felt really
comfortable with the idea of leaving Freddy and Junior with them for a
while because we knew they were in the best care.

Ofcourse it was difficult and it didn't happen without tears.  When I get
sad and miss them my boyfriend cheers me up and says that FReddy and Junior
are away at Ferret University.  They are learning all the essential ferret
skills they need to know.

It has been a few weeks now since Freddy and Junior are away.  The sneezing
and itchy eyes have completelystopped.  However, my sinusses are still
inflamed a nd my breathing hasn't really improved much either.  My doctor
predicted this though.  He said that it had progressed into such a chronic
state that even if I got rid of the ferrets I might still need the surgery
for the inflamed sinusses.  My next apointment is in 2 weeks so we'll see
what he thinks then.

In the meen time it is clear now that I am allergic to the fuzzies.  No
matter how much I love them and miss them, I can't compromise my health.
Unfortunately.  Freddy and Juniors foster parents can only care for them
temporarily and they will need a permanent home in the near future.  (in
about 2-3 weeks) They get along with all the ferrets most of the time, but
were a little intimidated by the boys.  They don't seem to be the type to
want a million other ferrets around, but would be fine with a few brothers
and sisters.

I'm looking for a permanent home for Freddy and Junior in the New York-New
Jersey area.  Not just any home though!  I would really want them to be
with experianced ferret parents who had or have other ferrets themselves.
They are sweat and very well behaved.  Freddy is 1 1/2 and likes to cuddle
and chase Junior around.  Junior is a little over 6 months and is a true
rascal.  They are both females.

If you are interested please email me and tell me about your situation.
My email address is [log in to unmask]

Lots of fuzzy kisses and hugs,

Samanta