From:
Universal Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:48:25 -0600
When I first moved in with my fiance all I had any real knowledge on was
ferrets.  I own 15 of the little furballs and love them dearly.  Thom
owned 9 horses at the time.  I was so afraid of the big beasties but the
more I interacted with them the more I got to thinking they were just like
huge ferrets!  So many of the same tendencies and antics.  I fell in love
with them all and their quite unique personalities.  Thom gave me my own
colt born the 1st of May.  We named him Socrates, Socks for short
because of his crazy markings on his legs.  There was one young horse in
particular that was spectacular in ever manner.  Gentle, beautiful, and a
real lovey horse.  He would sniff my hair every time I went to see him and
then I would pet him and he would close his eyes and savor the feeling.
He was 3 years old and his name was Q, after the Q Continuum on Star Trek.

At 5:00AM this morning we got a call that 3 horses had escaped off our
property and would Thom please come and see if they were his.  Off he goes
and sure enough they are his.  2 of them made it safely back home with
Thom getting them back.  Q was not so lucky.  He was hit by a car and
died instantly.  The driver was shaken up but fine and actually was able
to drive his car home.  When Thom told me the news I dropped off into a
depression.  When he told me what he suspects, I was livid.  You see there
is this man who everyone literally loathes because he is so selfish with
his deer stands and leased property for the deer hunters here.  He was
actually kicked out of his deer club for his behavior.  The Francis family
has had go rounds with him to the point of the law ignoring the jerk
anymore.  We think that this man unlocked the gate and purposely let the
horses out.  No proof but a strong suspicion.  How could anyone be this
sick?

I know this is a list for ferrets and all but horses are like big ferrets,
really, and I would like for Sandee to welcome Q to the Rainbow Bridge.
He can be the ferrets guardian horse.  I am just heartbroken and I just
hope that this whole mess gets taken care of with none of the others
getting hurt or worse.  Little Q, the gentle giant and big ferret horse,
we miss you.

Diane