From:
Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 08:48:13 -0400
I have to agree with Dr. Kemmerer.  When Lily's right adrenal surgery was
done, the surgery lasted about 2 1/2 hours because of involvement with the
vena cava.  Even the left had its own complications.  Lily had two separate
tumors on her left, one a pheochromocytoma.  There is NO way her vet would
have charged the same as for a spay or neuter.  Even then, the surgeries
were much less expensive than I expected, especially after Dr. Fullerton
called me and said the surgery on the right took 2 1/2 hours!!  I was
scared to death to see the bill for the right adrenal surgery, but, if
memory serves me, it was around $200, a bargain compared to some of the
prices I see on this list.

Katharine