From:
Melanie Prarat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:38:50 -0400
I am sure this topic has come up time and time again, but unfortunately
I don't have time to look through the archives. My ferret, Rascal
Booger, is turning 4 this September. He is healthy, as far as I can
tell. I take him to the veterinarian for his annual vaccines. He has
maintained a normal eating routine, his feces are normal. However,
one thing has changed recently: the frequency of biting.

Rascal has never been a biter. Whenever I played with him, he would
give friendly nips, much like a cat does, as a form of communication
when playing. But within the last month, he has started to bite HARD.
He latches onto my wrist and bites down, as hard as he can. And it
HURTS. He has not drawn blood, but I am wondering if this change in
behavior is indicative of any health concerns? Increased testosterone?

Melanie