From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:33:21 -0800
BIG is closing the topic over the cancelled Virginia rescue, so my response
to Lisa's last post will not be allowed.  I do want to respond to one thing
she did say about me because it was rather humorous.  Lisa wondered if
"jealousy" was coloring my words.  I have to respond here and hopefully
obtain a good laugh from others:

You guessed it Lisa, I am very jealous of you.  I am jealous because I
really enjoy cleaning litter boxes and it just isn't fair that I only
have to clean two while you get to clean many!  Gosh, you sure figured me
out!  Kudos to you!  But seriously...jealous of you for what?

I am disappointed that BIG is closing the topic since he allowed Lisa to
make such a verbose display and bash of Carole, but I guess this is his
way of trying to smooth over the edges.  Everyone in attendance knows the
truth anyway.

On the chicken neck and bone debate, Bob Church covered it at the
symposium along with Dr. Williams.  Bob recommended boiling the bones to
soften them if you are worried.  Dr. Williams recommended chicken bones
only because he felt other bones are too hard on their teeth and could
cause dental problems.  I am a little scared to feed any of it, but my
hubby was convinced by Bob's advice so we are going to start with a
chicken neck.

Right now, Dopey has decided that the paper shred container is much more
exciting than his digging box.  Now I am going to have to keep that thing
turned off.  I don't need "shredded ferret".

Take care all.

[Moderator's note: Oh wow... BIG is annoyed!  Mark your calendars...

Gotta get that word in anyhow, I see.  I didn't consider Lisa's post a
bash of Carole.  Further, I've heard from Carole, who also stated her
side of things and she didn't bash either, though it's clear to me from
both Lisa's post and Carole's note that misunderstandings abound.

Now let me quote a piece of a post from YOU, from issue 3690:
>This is my last post on the topic.  I hope the person who has been to
>both Lisa's and Carole's shelters will post (anon or otherwise).

I pointed out your promise in my "rejection" note.  Further someone who
had been to both shelters posted.  So let me summarize:

1) Both shelters care deeply for ferrets and provide good care.
2) There were misunderstandings and difficulties in communication
   (communication was via third parties since Lisa was in Las Vegas).
   In MY opinion, BOTH Lisa and Carole are guilty of these errors.
3) Money raised for the unneeded rescue went directly to SOS.  They
   were never slated for either party, though you alleged otherwise.
4) In MY opinion you are "beating a dead horse" in spite of promises not
   to do so.  At least Lisa and Carole didn't sneak in an opinion a 2nd
   time after promising not to do so and being asked not to do so.

Danielle, I met you just a week ago.  You're a nice person who also seems
to care deeply for ferrets.  Can't better things be accomplished if your
energies are focused FOR the ferrets instead of against each other?  BIG]