From:
Bonnie and Jim Burwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 04:34:14 -0400
Hidee Ho FMLers,

A question, a request, and some info--

First, the question.  Our two fuzzies--Stinky and Squeaker--like(d)
chocolate.  Some friends of ours said chocolate is poison for some animals,
so we immediately stopped letting them have chocolate "kiss" licks as
treats.  Now they only get plain ol' ferret treats.  They don't like
raisins, bananas, or anything I've read that ferrets sometimes love.  They
won't even eat the fert treats until their left out a while to get hard
(wierd).  Does anyone know if chocolate will hurt ferrets (aside from not
being real nutritional)?  Haven't seen anything in books yet.

Now the request.  There was a posting regarding a "Ferrets Around the World
Calendar." Is this something that anyone can purchase?  Is so, how do we get
one?  It sounds wonderful!

Info for Elizabeth Draus<[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Give 'em an inch...

We made wood pieces exactly the size of all the "spaces" that our little
weasles could get into (under bedroom dressers, closet doors, etc).  These
modifications have taken away alot of past worries as to where they were and
what they were into.  We also put "child locks" on low drawers (bathroom
cabinet) that they could pull open (they kept stealing my cotton balls).  If
its easy to open, they will; if they can get into it, under it, jump up on
it, or steal it, they will.

Thanks in advance from our two fuzzies (which may become three after the
Ferret Show in Annapolis MD on September 21).  Is it possible to go to that
thing and NOT come home with another?  Not likely.

Bonnie and Jim
(Stinky & Squeaker)