From:
Kimberly Tabickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 14:50:04 -0700
Thanks for the responses to my coccidia post.  I've been offline since the
post, but I just got all the messages.  Wiley is symptom free and eating
like a pig.  All litterboxes get cleaned daily to prevent reinfection.
Buttons had a different problem as it turned out.  The dreaded intestinal
blockage.  She went to the vet the day my post went out and was operated on
that afternoon.  The vet removed half of an earplug from her.  So I've
thrown all my earplugs out and resigned myself to lying awake nights
listening to my beloved snore.  Buttons is recovering nicely.  She goes back
to the vet on friday to have her stitches removed.

I did have one more scare with wiley which proved to be a false alarm.  He
used the litterbox, I went to check the results which were of a bright
yellow color which simply isn't found in nature.  This was frightening, but
he was active and eating so I decided to watch and wait.  A little while
later he produced an acid green poop.  Now I am thinking ECE and collect the
green poopy to take to the vet.  Shortly thereafter I find the bright orange
poopy and the sky blue poopy.  What could cause my ferret to be pooping in
all the colors of the rainbow?  The answer- that bowl of fruitloops someone
had been eating that morning and left on the floor beside the couch!  What a
relief!

Kim