From:
Sandra Mount <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:51:19 -0700
I'm writting in response to this post:
>From:    Ferrets* <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Cats and ferrets
>
>The ferrets ignore the rabbits and may even think they are not worth
>bothering about as they will not play, on the other hand if the ferrets
>get to boisterous the cat ends up on the top of the wardrobe swearing at
>them, one of the dogs loves the cat but not the ferrets, so when its
>ferret playtime I shut the dogs in my bedroom, just to be safe.

HOW SAD!  That you still think your ferrets ignore the rabbits.  Do you
still try to put them together?  Didn't you learn from the the incident
in 2002 when you put a ferret in with the pet rabbit?  .....and the
ferret tried to attack the rabbit, you and your show partner had to rush,
to save the rabbit and only just got there in time!  Please please DON'T
subject anymore rabbits to this terror.  It's not a suprise that you had
a sign up warning that the rabbit bites, you had trouble handling
him.....I'd of thought it was because it was SO very frightened being put
right next to the ferrets and subjected to such tests?

Just the smell of a preditor, must be frightening for the rabbit(s) Of
course there are always exceptions, BUT I for one, would not put a rabbit
through that sort of treatment...just to see IF they could get along
without one being attacked.  I care for all creatures too much.

SanguineSandy