From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:06:06 -0700
Hello,

Since everyone is talking about fun stories, I thought I would post some
thoughts...

Years ago, we got our first ferret.  She was a single ferret, well loved,
and played with very often.  However, she was dignified, and only dooked
when she was really excited.  She didn't do many of the things that I'd
read about on the FML.  When she passed, we got the two we have now.

Boy, what a difference!  These two encourage each other to get into all
sorts of trouble.  We also got to see the "bottle-brush tail" effect for
the first time on our little female albino.  We probably laughed for half
an hour.  And the tail-wagging while facing off in a tube - awesome!

We were also scared half to death by our first experience with SND
(sleeping, not dead).  Shortly after we got them, our little boy (who now
is a big bruiser) pushed his big sister out of the hammock... she bounced
down a couple shelves and landed on the bottom floor of the cage... and
didn't move.  We reached in and picked her up, and she hung limp... we
thought he'd broken her neck!  Then she slowly yawned, and looked around
as if to say, "Hey, daddy, how'd I get here?"

Thankfully, I'd heard about all of these things on the FML, and in the
end was able to just enjoy the little "weasels" and all of their special
traits.  They are the coolest critters!

Debbie