From:
Ed Hoffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 08:50:50 -0500
Hi All

I took all the fuzzbutts to the vet yesterday for shots, mine "Who Me?",
"Not Me!", and "Moi?", plus two surrenders that I'm the "foster dad" for
(San Antonio Ferret Enthusiasts).  Well since I'm not allowed to drive
anymore because of epilepsy a friend from SAFE brought me.  I met another
"foster mom" from SAFE and she had the seven of the greatest little guys
there for shots.  One was a Blaze 4 months old and of course had to check
him out, it was my duty right?  He was cuddly, friendly, loveable, oh the
list goes on, and found out that he was part of a "package deal", no second
thoughts, not me!  REACH got his cohort in crime who was just as cute and
then the not FAIR part comes in.

Ok, so we all now of ferret math right?  Well, as I was reaching
introducing these two guests to my "innocent's" (oh, I had no absolutely
no second thoughts) who were all loving it, 5 isn't so many is it?  I kept
hearing this "voice" in the background, but ignored it.  Just kept cuddling
and asking questions like when would the series of shots be over etc.  Then
the "voice" turned out to not be my in my imagination or subconscious.  It
was my friend of all people, she was saying "sorry, he can't" "he really
can't handle more" and a lot more equally more presentable and rational
reasons that I eventually listened to.  I HATE REASON!  Of course my friend
is right, three of my own plus fostering for a bachelor in a one bedroom
apartment is a full load (is it??).

There are solutions, get a bigger apartment right?  No not me -- next time
I'm going to take a TAXI and not take along a conscience. <SMILE>  I'll
blame it on the same part me that named my fuzzbutts, because "it wasn't
my fault", "don't blame me"!

"I really didn't mean" to come home with those extra's, they "sorta hid"
under the towels -- or -- "I didn't see them", you mean they really are
there?  Well OF COURSE "if they" went through that much trouble might as
well give them a good home.

We all know of the FLO, well as a humin operative I know that the other
"foster mom" might (wink, wink) read this list.

msg... must meet to arrange for the release of captivity of two of your
charges.  meet at the abandoned warehouse midnight, 25, make sure that
you are not followed.  end msg...

Ed - who didn't do it "yet"
&  the "didn't do it"  innocents